I heard the term “bullet journal” from friends on Twitter, and brushed it off as just one of those things that pops up that I’ll work out eventually. There’s a lot of terminology that just flows past me online.
- I forget everything.
- I make multiple to-do lists in different places and forget they exist, including-
- Post-it notes on my desk at work (multiple)
- Post-it notes on my desk at home (multiple)
- Word documents on my laptop
- Reminder lists on my phone
- Entries in my calendar (with reminders)
- I can’t work out how long things take even when I try super hard and try to learn from past experience and try to add in a lot of extra time
- …so I overcommit and try to make myself do too much, leading to-
- Ludicrous stress from overscheduling, leading to-
- Collapsing from exhaustion and not getting stuff done
(we’ll set aside the fact that muscular fatigue and low blood pressure mean that me “collapsing from exhaustion” might take a bit less activity than for most people)